Thursday, September 13, 2012
The Lightning Thief
This summer I reread Rick Riordan's "The Lightning Thief". I had read it previously and I didn't remember it that well. Rereading it was a little odd because I would sometimes recognize a detail like the name of a hotel and know what was going to happen. Then at other times I would be completely caught off guard by something else. When rereading it I noticed some details about the character that I hadn't noticed before. For example- the way he thought of characters like Clarisse, Mrs.Dodds, Gabe, and Ares- all characters who try to hinder him in some way. He seemed to blame his father for many of his problems, something I didn't pay much attention to before. The more I read the book the less I liked Percy, the main character. On my second time around I noticed how cruel he sometimes was and how selfish and ignorant the character could be. Overall I still enjoyed reading "The Lightning Thief" for a second time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment